Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Mom says listen...

Mom sent me this post from 60 minutes. It was originally aired in October of 2005, but the points made ring a bit too true today.

Not that I'm one to follow Mom's lead all the time, but occasionally she can be brilliant! As I suppose we all can, but seriously, she nailed this one. 5.6 Billion dollars per month? That is a budget that even the worst of us can live with!? That is what we spend in Iraq on the war.(as of October 2005) What a fiasco this all is!!!!!!! Over 140,000 soldiers deployed, over 2000 dead Americans, and when will our tolerance for blood give? I live in a fog daily, thinking of the very reasons I ever voted for GW et al in the first place!? I have never been one to question my motives, my designs, but on this one, kudos to Mom, you were right, and I was so wrong.

The shear and simple numbers do a total justice for the story. In 2004, Japan spent $42 billion. Italy spent $28 billion, Russia spent only $19 billion. The United States spent $455 billion!!! On fucking military budgets!?!? 455 billion? 10 to one on Japan? 20 to one on Russia? The cold war is not so cold anymore I suppose!? What in the world is happening here? Andy Rooney points out for example, that, as of 10/2005 we have 8000 tanks. 8000 tanks!, and we have a problem with IED's?!?! What the hell is going on here? We have enough tanks in our arsenol to drive across Texas in unison, much less Baghdad, and we can't get a control on shit?!?!? I am sorry folks, but I have little tolerance for bullshit! Are you aware that we have one officer to tell every five enlisted men what to do? Taco fucking Bell doesn't even enjoy that kind of close ratio in management! What the hell is wrong here!?!?!?!?

We have over 10,000 Nuclear weapons, and yet we lambast a soveriegn nation for its supposed "weapons of mass destruction"?????????? I am apalled at the audacity. I am ashamed of the absolute manufactured lies in regards to our "needed arms buildup" I will break from my norm, and actually quote from another blog to make my point...

We had a great commander in WWII, Dwight Eisenhower. He became President and on leaving the White House in 1961, he said this: “We must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. …"

Well, Ike was right. That's just what’s happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home