Monday, July 10, 2006

Storm Protection Plans Suffer From Fiscal Concerns?!?!



What about the billions of dollars we spent after Katrina? Do those fiscal concerns factor into this equation? Seems old Bushy et al are at it again, once more with lip service and feeling. Before I get into the meat of this, let me ask you all, Dems, Repubs, Indies, everyone.

If you personally shelled out 20 million dollars for an expert opinion, based upon fact and research, for an answer to a problem, would it make much fiscal sense regarding this 20 million dollar outlay to ignore the guts of said proposal when the experts returned it to you?


Now I don't block quote myself often, I just wanted everyone to see this pertinent question plainly. Guess what folks, you did shell out the 20 mil, and due to "fiscal concerns", these recommendations have been gutted. On Monday, Bush and his so called administration (I'm a bit lost as to what exactly it is they administer other than token chips from el Rancho Crawford), issued "guidelines" for how to protect Louisiana from the most dangerous of storms, "plans that state officials said ignore specific fixes that could begin quickly."

The much-awaited report, developed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, marked the first step in two years of planning how to rebuild New Orleans' levees, bolster Louisiana's coastline and develop other programs to control flooding from Category 5 storms."


No, I am not a proponent for La. issues, nor am I a fan of Governor Blanco, but if the Army Corps of Engineers says something must be done, then should we not do it? Weren't they the good folks who said we were headed for disaster in New Orleans in the first place? What was that old commercial on TV? You can pay me now, or pay me later? What the hell is going on here? If we don't look it won't be there? I am sick and tired of this President's blinders mentality and approach, what the heck is wrong with passing an emergency funding bill for prevention, before a disaster?!? Is this too progressive? Or is this simply another case in which we should simply stay the course? If Bush was going to ignore the report and act in a fiscal manner, then prey tell, why did we spend the 20 million dollars in the first place?

Technorati Tags:
, , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What gets me more than anything is how cavalier they are about blowing everything off. Its no biggie to them..they don't care.

Tue Jul 11, 10:33:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Florence said...



I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their email at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

Thu Apr 29, 08:37:00 PM 2021  

Post a Comment

<< Home