Sunday, November 30, 2008

Will Hillary & Jim Jones Open The "Gates" of Hell?


"There's a lot of people in Washington that feel relieved. These are known quantities, they've been around for a while," said CNN senior political analyst Bill Schneider on CNN's "Late Edition Sunday." "And there's criticism. Some on the left say, 'Wait a minute -- we voted for change.'"

Is it risky business coming to 1600 PA. Ave soon? Mr. Obama set a major foundation of his candidacy on getting out of Iraq on a fast track, and timely basis, so what's up with this Triumverate of past Hawks waltzing in on the upcoming Ignauguration Balls? I mean, granted, HIll' knows Balls, but seriously, is this such a good sign to be sending out this early in the game yet pending?

I watched as Gates was floated out to retain his post, I thought to myself, " OK, continuity helps ...", and when Ms. Clinton softly landed as the impending Secretary of State, I mused "hmmm , well she does know a thing or two about the world, and Uncle Bill does retain a few key connections out there ...". Now we seem to complete this "Trifecta" with Maj. General Jim Jones, an outstanding Vet, to be sure, but lest we forget his ties to McCain?
"General Jim Jones effectively killed the possibility of an Obama/Jones ticket by appearing with John McCain at an energy related event during the recent Presidential campaign."

It seems to me, that we are dancing perilously close to the edge of the famous "Cliff of Lemmings" here, with Obama as a seeming Pied Piper in the lead!

Don't get me wrong, I like the man, I voted for the ticket, my first Democratic cast in my narrow 48 years, but I did so with a few memories of someone saying this war will end soon.
"Immediately begin withdrawing our troops engaged in combat operations at a pace of one or two brigades every month, to be completed by the end of next year"

I'm not geting that warm and fuzzy feeling anymore...
An awful lot remains to be seen in the coming weeks, of course, but I am for one, aman who shall be watching very, very closely.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home